Associate in Arts
SFSC is committed to a comprehensive university-transfer program that provides opportunities for intellectual, cultural, and social growth along with specialized learning.
SFSC awards the Associate in Arts Degree (A.A.) upon completion of a prescribed two-year program which is designed for transfer to the upper division of public universities and colleges. According to the Florida Articulation Agreement, earning an A.A. degree indicates that you have met the general education requirements for admission to the upper division of Florida’s public universities and will be admitted with full junior standing, provided you have met the state competencies requirements or qualified for competency alternatives, paid all fees, and met academic standards. You should investigate transfer requirements of the upper division college you plan to attend as early as possible in order to fit the appropriate courses into your program at SFSC.
If you have completed specialized prerequisites, you are able to continue that specialty at the transfer institution. Should you not maintain continuous enrollment, you will be subject to all new rules and regulations adopted by SFSC since your last admission date.
The A.A. degree is awarded, if you meet the following requirements:
- Completed a total of 60 or more hours of college credit courses which includes 36 credit hours of general education requirements and 24 credit hours of electives (See General Education Requirements);
- Successfully completed the First Year Experience Seminar. You may be exempt from this requirement if transferring to SFSC with 15 or more hours from another institution;
- Completed a minimum of 15 college credit hours at SFSC in the A.A. degree program;
- Achieved a minimum of 2.0 GPA in the SFSC college credit hours completed that are applicable toward graduation as well as a minimum 2.0 cumulative average;
- Successfully completed 12 college credit hours of courses in which you are required to demonstrate writing skills. (See reference to the State Board of Education Rule 6A-010.30(2)(a) in this College Catalog.) Additionally, completed six college credit hours of math course work at the level of College Algebra or higher. Successful completion is defined as a grade of C or higher for each of the courses under this item;
- Fulfilled all financial obligations to the college;
- Applied for graduation and paid the graduation fee.
Programs of Study
||Bachelor of Applied Science
||Associate in Science
||Associate in Applied Science
||Applied Technology Diploma
||College Credit Certificate