Coordinator, Panther Youth Partners and Technical Dual Enrollment
Technical/Vocational Dual Enrollment
What's in it for me?
- If you choose technical/occupational dual enrollment, you will be able to graduate from high school with valuable certification. This means you enter the workforce ahead of your classmates who have not taken advantage of this opportunity.
- You’re a member of the college community. You can participate in all SFSC campus activities, join clubs, use recreational facilities, and all other resources available to SFSC students.
- You will also have access to many of SFSC’s cultural events and special programs.
How do I qualify?
- You must have a GPA of 2.0 for technical/occupational programs.
- Your courses must follow a program of study that will satisfy Florida high school graduation requirements. Your high school or SFSC counselor can assist you with this requirement.
- You must take the appropriate placement Test (TABE or PERT). Your high school counselor and the SFSC counselor can assist you with this requirement.
- You should work with your high school counselor and/or the technical program coordinator in completing the admissions process.
What programs are available?
* All programs are open entry (students may enroll at any time) with the exception of all Office Systems Technology. Students must enroll within the first week of the term to be in this program.
Other Applied Science and Technologies programs of study may be available as technical dual enrollment with special permission granted by the Highlands County School Board superintendent, SFSC Dean of Applied Sciences and Technologies, and the Technical Dual Enrollment coordinator.