Child Care Credentials
- A Staff Credential is recognition that a child care professional’s education meets or exceeds Department of Children and Families (DCF) baseline standards.
- Some of the ways to qualify for the Staff Credential include:
- Holding an active FCCPC or national CDA credential
- Earning an associate's degree in early childhood education or other advanced degree with documented course work in child development
- Effective in 2004, every child care facility is required to have a director who holds the Director Credential issued by DCF.
- One common requirement to earn the Director Credential includes completion of a child care management course approved by DCF. SFSC offers Program Management (EEC 2002) as a hybrid online course to meet this requirement. The course is offered every term.
For more information, contact Deborah Gutierrez.