South Florida State College Bookstore
Team Lead, Course Materials
This position works closely with the Department Manager(s) or Store Manager to receive, price, stock and display books and/or merchandise to meet the needs of the store’s customers, drive sales and profits. May assist sales associates with completing the work of the department.
Leads the work activities of sales associates, PT and Temporary including:
- Leads the activities of the sales associates in the department according to established guidelines
- Assist customers and suggests selection of textbooks
- Ensures shelves and other displays are stocked, restocked and maintained according to company standards
- Leads and may assist sales
- Enters sales
- Pulls books and merchandise and prepares same for customer pick-up or shipment.
- Communicates order status to customers
- Performs periodic website maintenance
- Ensures markup or markdowns are taken according
- Greets and assists customers in finding textbooks or other items in the store. Interfaces with publishers, faculty, staff, co-workers, Home Office associates, and vendors to answer routine inquiries, resolves problems and complaints, requests status reports and takes book orders over the telephone. May write letters and/or memorandums to faculty and publishers.
- Responds to student, faculty, staff, alumni, publisher and other customer’s routine questions, deferring more complex/escalated issues to Department Manager.
- Assists course materials manager with the administrative function involved in analyzing and editing adoption forms along with enrollment Information and historical data to determine the number of new and used textbooks to buy for the store.
- May assist other store sales associates with completing the work of the department, as well as off-site sales opportunities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of previous customer service and/or retail experience.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Computer literacy; ability to operate store computer.