What is the Career Academy at SFSC?
The Career Academy at SFSC is an entire learning experience on the SFSC Highlands Campus. You’ll attend high school classes, taught by high school instructors, during one half of the day. During the other half of the day, you’ll attend college-level classes alongside other college students.
Students must meet the following requirements to apply for admission to the Career Academy at SFSC.
- Successful completion of English 1
- Successful completion of Algebra 1
- Earn a cumulative G.P.A. of 2.0 or higher
- Be on pace to graduate on time with his/her peers
- Earn the minimum score on the FCAT Reading test so that the student does not require a reading remediation class
- A student’s attendance and behavior records will also be reviewed and considered in the admission process
A student’s attendance and behavior records will also be reviewed and considered in the admission process.