The Artists’ Group (TAG) at South Florida State College consists of a community of artists who are committed to developing their individual talents and promoting an appreciation for art. They meet, work, offer workshops, and sell their artwork at the TAG Studio, in the Hotel Jacaranda, historic arcade, 19 East Main Street, Avon Park.
TAG offers informal art classes throughout the year. All classes are geared toward artists of every skill level. For more information, call 863-784-7346 or e-mail email@example.com.
Acrylic Painting: Louise Weis, instructor
Students paint subjects of their choice or work on a project with the instructor. Each participant completes two paintings during the session.
- CRN 20499: Wednesday, Jan. 13-Feb. 10, 12:30-4:30 p.m., TAG Studio, $120
- CRN 20874: Wednesday, March 3-30, 12:30 -4:30 p.m., TAG Studio, $120
- CRN 21358: Wednesday, March 4-March 25, 1-4 p.m., TAG Studio, $85
Acrylics Made Easy: Bob Fishel, instructor
This course is designed to teach students of all skill levels (beginners, intermediate and advanced) an easy way to produce beautiful art with Acrylic Paints. Each student will complete two paintings along with the instructor or may paint subjects of their own choice while learning the essential skills of Acrylic Painting.
- CRN 10374: Wednesday, Oct.21-Nov.18, 12:30-4:30 p.m., TAG Studio, $120
- CRN 21352: Friday, Jan. 8-29, 10 a.m.-1 p.m., TAG Studio, $85.00
Watercolor Painting: Betty Heim, instructor
Students paint subjects of their choice or participate in a weekly exercise demonstrated by the instructor. Classes discuss the application of color theory as well as the principles and elements of design. A gentle critique is held at the end of each session.
- CRN 20806: Thursday, Jan 28-Feb. 18, 1-4 p.m., TAG Studio, $85
- CRN 20807: Thursday, March 3-24, 1-4 p.m., TAG Studio, $85
Creations in Clay/Clay Work/Ceramics: Betty McCarthy, instructor
This class is held in the Ceramic Studio at the SFSC Art Department. Students use clay and pottery tools to learn various techniques for this sculptural medium. Glazes are applied and projects are kiln fired.
- CRN 20805: Wednesday, Jan. 13-March 2, 9 a.m.-noon, A-10, $135
Oil Painting for Beginners
This class is for students who have no prior experience with working in oils. Students will learn how to mix colors and apply common oil techniques to create a painting will be taught in this 3-week class. All supplies are included for a 12″ x 16″ still life painting.
- CRN 21353: Monday, Jan. 11-25, 10 a.m.-1 p.m., TAG Studio, $90
- CRN 21354: Monday, Feb. 15-29, 10 a.m.-1 p.m., TAG Studio, $90