- Associate in Arts – AA
- Air Conditioning, Heating & Refrigeration Technology
- Criminal Justice Academy
- Emergency Medical Services
- Fire Science
- Health Sciences
- Home Health Aide
- Honors Program
- Industrial Management Technology – AS
- Information Technology
- Office Administration & Management
The Home Health Aide course is for students who have completed Introduction to Health Care. Apply online or call the Advising and Counseling Center at 863-784-7131 for more information.
About the Program
Home health aides provide assistance with the tasks of daily living. SFSC’s Home Health Aide program teaches you how to provide quality home health care as stated in the Rules of the Department of Health – Minimum Standards for Home Health Agencies and meets guidelines established by the Florida Department of Education.
At SFSC, you can:
• Become qualified for employment as a home health aide in less than one year
• Complete 165 contact hours of instruction over two terms
• Earn an occupational certificate with 5.5 occupational credit hours
Home Health Aide teaches students about effective communication and interpersonal skills, legal and ethical responsibilities, emergency response, and infection control procedures. Students learn how to provide personal patient care with a focus on geriatric patients.
• HSC 0003C: Introduction to Health Care – 90 hours (prerequisite)
• HCP 0330C: Home Health Aide – 75 hours
• Be at least 18 years old
• Have a high school diploma or equivalent
• Complete a background check and fingerprinting
• Complete a 10-panel drug screen
• Complete a health history/physician physical and provide proof of hepatitis B immunizations
Costs for Home Health Aide Course
|SFSC Application Fee:||$15.00|
|Tuition for 75 Contact Hours:||$219.00|
|10-Panel Drug Screen:||$40.00|
|Physical (Varies by Physician):|
Textbook: Providing Home Care, 4th Edition, by William Leahy, MD; Jetta Fuzy, RN, MS; and Julie Grafe, RN, BSN. Hartman Publisher.