Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing (BSN)
The BSN degree is a selective enrollment program. All applicants must meet the minimum requirements to be considered for admission. Applicants are not guaranteed admission because they have met the minimum requirements.
Complete the steps of the application process in this order:
Apply to South Florida State College.
Complete the online application to the BSN program.
I. Apply to South Florida State College
- Complete a Bachelor’s Degree Program application to South Florida State College.
- Send official transcripts from all the colleges or schools you have attended since high school to the Admissions Office.
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale and a minimum grade of C in each of these prerequisite courses:
- MAC 1105 – College Algebra
- ENC 1101 – Freshman English I
- BSC 1085C – Anatomy and Physiology I
- BSC 1086C – Anatomy and Physiology II
- PSY 2012 – General Psychology
- DEP 1004 – Human Development
- MCB 2010C – Microbiology
- NUR 1180 – Nutrition
If you need assistance completing the steps for admission to South Florida State College, visit the Admissions Office, Building B, Highlands Campus, or call 863-784-7105.
If you need assistance with prerequisite courses, visit the Advising and Counseling Center, Building B, Highlands Campus, or call 863-784-7131.
II. Apply to the BSN Program
Complete an online application to the BSN program.
After submitting the BSN online application, applicants receive a pop-up notification that explains the next step to being admitted into the program.
Program Compliance Requirements
All candidates accepted into a nursing program must submit to an official criminal history background check and drug screening. Some providers of clinical experiences do not allow individuals with certain types of criminal history into their facilities, in accordance with Florida Statute 468.3065. You may review an explanation of Program Disqualification Due to Past Convictions or contact the Florida Department of Health for more information.
Candidates are also required to submit program specific admission documentation to a third-party compliance management company, Castle Branch.