Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing (BSN)
Applications Are Accepted Year-Round
The BSN degree is a selective enrollment program that accepts students each fall term. All applicants must meet the minimum requirements to be considered for admission, Applicants are not guaranteed admission because they have met the minimum requirements.
Complete the steps of the application process in this order:
Apply to South Florida State College and complete prerequisite courses.
Complete a Minimum Admissions Requirements (MAR) Review.
Complete the online application to the BSN program.
I. Apply to South Florida State College and Complete Prerequisite Courses
- Complete a General Student Application to South Florida State College.
- Send official transcripts from all the colleges or schools you have attended since high school to the Admissions Office.
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale and a minimum grade of C in each of these prerequisite courses:
- MAC 1105 – College Algebra
- ENC 1101 – Freshman English I
- BSC 1085C – Anatomy and Physiology I
- BSC 1086C – Anatomy and Physiology II
- PSY 2012 – General Psychology
- DEP 1004 – Human Development
- MCB 2010C – Microbiology
- NUR 1180 – Nutrition
If you need assistance completing the steps for admission to South Florida State College, visit the Admissions Office, Building B, Highlands Campus, or call 863-784-7105.
If you need assistance with prerequisite courses, visit the Advising and Counseling Center, Building B, Highlands Campus, or call 863-784-7131.
II. Complete Minimum Admissions Requirements (MAR) Review
Applicants must complete a MAR Review before they are considered for admission to the BSN program. You are encouraged to complete your MAR Review as early as possible so that you may finish the additional steps in the application process before the application period ends.
The health sciences specialist conducts MAR Reviews for BSN applicants by appointment only Monday-Friday, 8 a.m-3 p.m. To schedule your MAR Review, call 863-784-7027 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
III. Apply to the BSN Program
Complete an online application to the BSN program.
The online application will require you to upload PDF copies of these documents:
- Current unencumbered Florida Registered Nurse (RN) license
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers or higher through the American Heart Association
- Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) or equivalent from a regionally or nationally accredited institution.
Successful applicants receive an email that explains how they may reserve their seat. Any unclaimed seat is offered to the next qualified applicant.
Consult the College Catalog for more information about the ranking and selection process.
All candidates wishing to enroll in health science programs must submit to an official criminal history background check and drug screening. Some providers of clinical experiences do not allow individuals with certain types of criminal history into their facilities, in accordance with Florida Statute 468.3065. You may review an explanation of Program Disqualification Due to Past Convictions or contact the Florida Department of Health for more information.