The Correction Officer Occupational Certificate (OC) trains you for employment as a correctional officer in the state of Florida. The program meets the state requirements as approved by the Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission. Upon successful completion of this occupational program, you will be eligible to take the state certification examination to become a certified officer. You must attend all sessions of training and score a minimum of 80 percent on all examinations per Administrative Rule.
Special Admission Requirements
- obtain authorization from the Director of Public Service prior to registering for all or part of this program.
- possess a valid Florida Driver’s License.
- be 19 years of age prior to graduation from the Academy.
- be a citizen of the United States of America.
- submit to a background inquiry prior to admission (additional fee for fingerprint submission)
- not have a record of conviction for any felony or misdemeanor involving moral turpitude or domestic violence.
- successfully pass a Basic Abilities Test (additional fee) prior to admission.
- complete an Academy Application prior to admission.
- pass a physical exam for physical fitness training.
||Weapons and uniforms will be provided by the academy.
||You must register for these classes as a “block” of instruction.
Length: 420 contact hours / 14 occupational credits