- Allied Health
- Business and Professional Development
- Child Care & Development
- Computer Workshops
- Commercial Vehicle Driving
- Leadercast Live
- Public Services Workshops
- Technical and Industrial Education
- TIPS for Business
- Ed2Go Online Classes
- Real Estate Online Courses
- Online Training Institute
Free Employee Development Training
Do you want to keep your staff motivated? CareerSource Heartland, Wells Fargo, and South Florida State College are collaborating to offer TIPS for Business, a series of employee development training classes that teach valuable working skills. Complete details are in this printable PDF schedule..
TIPS for Business classes are available at the SFSC DeSoto Campus, the SFSC Hardee Campus, and CareerSource Heartland in Sebring. Admission is free, but seats are limited. Register by calling 863-784-7034 or by emailing email@example.com.
How to Become a Great Communicator
Effective communication enables businesses to get more done, work more efficiently, and keep their employees happy. Learn how great communication increases the support you’ll get from employees, coworkers, and managers, and how you can project an image of self confidence, professionalism, and competency.
- DeSoto Campus, Room 118: Feb. 7, 2020, 10 a.m.-noon (CRN 21380)
- CareerSource Heartland: May 1, 2020, 10 a.m.-noon (CRN 21382)
Creative Leadership and How to Supervise People
Effective supervisors provide the guidance and supervision that employees need to complete tasks, serve customers, and meet deadlines. Good leadership requires strategic thinking, the ability to adapt quickly to changing business goals, and exceptional interpersonal skills with a multigenerational workforce. This workshop will teach you how to take your supervisory and managerial skills to the next level by becoming a creative leader.
- DeSoto Campus, Room 118: March 13, 2020, 10 a.m.-noon (CRN 21381)
- CareerSource Heartland: May 8, 2020, 10 a.m.-noon (CRN 30699)
How to Deliver Exceptional Customer Service
Providing exceptional customer service helps your organization head off problems and rise to a new level of excellence. The customer service tactics you’ll learn from this workshop will help you increase the return on your customer service dollars, make your customers feel appreciated, reduce stress among your employees, and decrease the turnover in customer service jobs. You’ll master the art of listening, saying “no” and being firm without antagonism.
- Hardee Campus, Room 118: March 27, 2020, 10 a.m.-noon (CRN 21379)
- CareerSource Heartland: May 15, 2020, 10 a.m.-noon (CRN 30700)
Effective Techniques for Dealing with Difficult Customers
Discover how to collaborate, negotiate, and bargain with even the most difficult customers. This workshop will equip you with the skills to understand the behavior of difficult customers and respond effectively. You’ll learn to appreciate the reasons that drive customer behaviors and develop an issue-focused mindset for dealing with difficult situations.
- Hardee Campus, Room 118: April 24, 2020, 10 a.m.-noon (CRN 21378)
- CareerSource Heartland: May 22, 2020, 10 a.m.-noon (CRN 30701)