The eLearning Department assists students, faculty, staff and administrators with any electronic learning or multimedia resource by developing and offering technology trainings and assisting with multimedia resource development, instructional design, eLearning course and system management and quality assurance.
- Educational software applications administration and information (Panther Den, My Skills Tutor, Derive, Academics.com, Academics Systems/Plato, Readi, Smarthinking, and MyPsychLab.)
- Research and selection of new and appropriate technologies for instructional purposes
- Technology training
- eLearning course coordination, instructional design, and management (Online Web-based, hybrid, teleweb, and two-way courses)
- Course management system development and administration
- User support for instructional applications and technologies
- eLearning quality evaluation
- LOR – development and administration
- “The Orange Grove” Learning Object Repository-SFSC Instance Administration
- Video production, editing, and duplication
- Multimedia resource production (most requests require a minimum of 72-hours notice depending on complexity)
- Satellite system administration
- Panther Network broadcast administration
- Instructional resource management, accessibility (ADA), and copyright information
- iTunesU pod casting training and support
- Online speech filming and assistance
- To reserve a seat in any advertised class, call or e-mail eLearning.
- Customized training available—call for specifications.
- For workshop topic specifications or other questions, see the training brochure in our SFSC Outlook, under the PUBLIC FOLDERS/Professional Development.
- All workshops are provided FREE of charge to any SFSC employee.
Panther Network – Media Services schedules and provides programming on Wednesdays and Thursdays for 14 hours of broadcasting on Comcast channel 4 in Highlands County. The Panther Network serves all ages, from pre-kindergarten through senior interests. Broadcasting is made possible through the combined efforts of SFSC and Comcast Cablevision.
Teleinstructional Services – Teleconferences provide an excellent opportunity to expose students to events and activities which cannot be duplicated in the classroom.
Multimedia Production Services – eLearning assists faculty, staff, and students in the creation of instructional and some non-instructional products (see list below). A 72- hour notice is required for most services. Copyright laws will be STRICTLY enforced.
- Multi-track studio recording
- Music and sound effect support
- Video and slide presentation sound enhancement
- Video production
- Live television and video recording
- Full-service videotape production
- Multiple camera studio and location shots
- Special effects
- Video tape duplication
Instructional Design And Development – Our eLearning team assists faculty and staff in creating instructional products, such as media programs, video lessons, and others. Production services include live television support, video recording, audio recording, graphic design, video editing, and digital imaging.