- Policies & Procedures
- Block Schedule
- College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
- Distance Education
- Florida Basic Abilities Test (FBAT)
- General Educational Development (GED)
- Instructor Authorized Exams
- Nursing Entrance Exam
- Pearson Vue
- Postsecondary Education Readiness Test (PERT)
- Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE)
- Testing and Assessment Center Contacts
The SFSC Testing and Assessment Center serves students, staff, and faculty, as well as other educational institutions and community members, by providing a wide variety of tests and assessments. To facilitate the most efficient use of the Testing Center and its staff, we use a block schedule. This schedule allows us to test a greater number of students in an appropriate environment.
On the days the exams are offered, there are specific time slots for each type of exam. All tests are given by appointment only and we require at least 24 hours advanced notice; this varies according to each exam. Please be aware that the types of tests given and testing times vary by SFSC location. Please contact your desired testing location to determine their specific hours. Remember, examinees are:
- Required to schedule their tests at least 24 hours in advance.
- To arrive at least 15 minutes prior to their scheduled test time.
- Required to provide a valid photo ID for all exams; ID requirements do vary depending on the type of test. When you schedule your test, be sure to inquire about the acceptable forms of ID for your particular exam. If you do not present a valid and acceptable photo ID on test day, you will be asked to reschedule your exam for a time when you can produce a valid and acceptable ID.
- Prohibited from bringing electronic devices and personal belongings into the center; these items will be stored in a secure locker prior to and during testing.
Testing candidates are the only ones allowed in the Testing Center; this includes children and guests of the testing candidate. Children are not allowed to be unattended outside of the Testing Center or any other area of the college during testing.