The ParaPro Assessment measures the skills and knowledge in content areas possessed by prospective and practicing paraprofessionals, and measures their ability to apply those skills and knowledge when assisting in classroom instruction. It was designed to satisfy the requirements of the federally legislated No Child Left Behind Act. This computer-based exam, consisting of 90 multiple-choice questions, measures Reading, Writing, and Math. The exam takes approximately 2 ½ hours to complete. For information about the ParaPro, visit https://www.ets.org/parapro.
All ParaPro Assessments are given by appointment only and requires at least 24 hours advanced notice. Call the Testing Center at 863-784-7214 to schedule your appointment for the ParaPro Assessment. Please note, this exam is only offered on the SFSC Highlands Campus.
- One the day of your exam, bring in a valid form of government-issued photo identification. If you do not present a valid and acceptable photo ID on test day, you will be asked to reschedule your exam for a time when you can produce a valid and acceptable ID. Acceptable forms of ID are:
- Driver’s license
- State or Province ID Card
- Passport (must have a signature)
- Military ID
- National ID
- Plan to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your appointment.
- Once payment has been made and you are checked in, you will be required to store all electronic devices and personal items in a secure locker prior to and during testing.
- Testing candidates are the only ones allowed in the Testing Center; this includes children and guests of the testing candidate. Children are not allowed to be unattended outside of the Testing Center or any other area of the college during testing.
The exam fee is $70.00.
Examinees may take the ParaPro Assessment once every 21 days, not including the initial test date.
Test Prep for the ParaPro Assessment
ParaPro Study Companion
ParaPro Assessment Tutorial