Become a Mentor
You can change a child's life by becoming a mentor. By showing a child that someone cares, you will help that student become a productive citizen. When you commit to working with a Take Stock student, you meet with the Take Stock staff and complete an application and screening process. After some basic training, you will be matched with the student who can most benefit from your influence.
How does the mentoring process work?
Your weekly mentoring session will take place on a public, middle or high school campus at a time that is convenient for both you and your student. In addition, you'll have the support of the SFSC Take Stock team throughout the mentoring process.
As a mentor, you:
- Meet once a week with your student for 30 minutes at his or her school.
- Become a friend, tutor, and a role model.
- Help build a child's foundation of basic values.
- Assist your student in setting goals and attaining them.
- Guide a child toward an education and a productive life.
- Give a child hope for the future.