Students must meet the following requirements to apply for admission to the Highlands Career Institute:
- Successful completion of English 1
- Successful completion of Algebra 1
- Earn a cumulative G.P.A. of 2.0 or higher
- Be on pace to graduate on time with his/her peers
- Earn the minimum score on the Florida Standards Assessment in English Language Arts (ELA) so that you do not require a reading remediation class
A student’s attendance and behavior records will also be reviewed and considered in the admission process.