Title: Establishment of Instructional Programs
Legal Authority: Florida Statute 1001.64
Office of Primary Responsibility: Vice President for Educational and Student Services
- Curriculum Development
- The president shall recommend to the District Board of Trustees:
- The establishment, alteration, or elimination of all college instructional programs, and
- The establishment, alteration, or elimination of all college credit and occupational courses.
- The president is delegated the authority to:
- Make changes in college courses, provided the basic purpose of the course is not altered, and
- Approve the establishment, alteration, or elimination of continuing workforce education (includes extension/distance learning courses in occupational areas), community education courses, and occupational workforce training courses whose titles have been previously approved by the District Board of Trustees.
- The president is delegated the authority to develop and offer self-supporting, vocational courses as may be desired by the citizens of the college’s service district and which are in the best interest of the college.
History: Last Reviewed 6/27/12
Issued by District Board of Trustees: 8/10/1984
Reviewed: 7/01/04, 7/01/07, 7/22/09, 6/27/12
Revised: 11/28/01, 1/28/09