The president may establish a Dual Enrollment Program for the purpose of:
- Accelerating the education for qualified students in grades nine through 12 to earn college and/or occupational credit concurrently with high school credit; and
- Expanding learning opportunities beyond the available high school curriculum.
Requirements for admission:
- Students must be enrolled in a public or private senior high school in Highlands, Hardee, or DeSoto counties or be home-schooled in one of these counties.
- Students must meet the requirements for admission to the college, the course, and the Dual Enrollment program.
- Exceptions may be granted when in the best interest of the student and when approved by the principal, parent, or legal guardian, and president of South Florida State College.