Title: Application Fee
Based on Policy:
4.11 - Student Fees
Office of Primary Responsibility: Vice President for Educational and Student Services
To describe admission application fee requirements
- The following students must pay a non-refundable admissions application fee established by the South Florida State College District Board of Trustees:
- Students applying for the first time at South Florida State College (SFSC) who meet admission criteria for bachelors and associate degree programs; applied technical diplomas; and certificate programs.
- International students applying for the first time.
- Students returning to SFSC after an absence of 12 months.
- Students enrolling in dual enrollment, apprenticeship programs, adult education (ABE, GED, ESOL), and community education or corporate education will be exempt from the application fee. Should these students later enroll in degree or certificate programs they will then be charged the admissions application fee.
- Fee Processing:
- Students may pay the admissions application fee online with a credit card, debit card, e-check, in person at any SFSC campus or center, or by mailing the application to Admissions Office with a check for the application fee made payable to SFSC. The Admissions Office will assign or affirm an official SFSC student ID and submit the check to the Cashier for processing.
- The college admission process is not finalized until the college application is fully completed and the application fee has been paid.
- Incomplete applications will be kept on file for 30 days. After the 30 day period, incomplete applications will be purged and the students will need to reapply.
- The SFSC Recruitment Office will track incomplete college applications and follow up with those students who have an incomplete application or an unpaid admissions application fee.
- The president has the discretion to waive the application fee.
History: Revised: 3/4/14
Revised: 12/11/13, 3/4/14