To ensure that all South Florida State College (SFSC) print and electronic publications designed for public viewing (not instructional material) project the appropriate image of the institution to the public and that each SFSC instructional program develops and maintains a current brochure
- Assignment of responsibilities
- The director, community relations and marketing (DCRM), as the president’s designee, has the responsibility and authority to approve all print and electronic college publications (includes brochures, handbooks, programs for entertainment events, promotional videos, and the Web site) designed for public viewing prior to their printing and/or dissemination. The DCRM will also monitor all college programs and activities to ensure that the deans/directors listed in A.2. below comply with their publications responsibilities.
- The directors/deans of instructional, student development, learning resources, and special programs, of business and administrative services, and of staff support sections are responsible for the development of all brochures, pamphlets, flyers, programs, and informational publications in their areas of responsibility. They will develop and maintain suitable and appropriate publications for each separately identifiable program within their areas of responsibility.
- The DCRM has the responsibility for the actual printing of the publications covered by this procedure, including the layout and physical presentation.
- Each area administrator is responsible for ensuring that this procedure is followed and that its purposes are fulfilled.
- Approval process
- The director/dean responsible for the development of a publication will submit the publication to the DCRM in such detail and format as the DCRM may require.
- The DCRM will either approve the publication as it is presented or confer with the appropriate director/dean about revisions or for more information.
- Once the DCRM is satisfied with the appropriate dean/director’s development of a publication, the DCRM will make such final changes as considered necessary.
The DCRM will make the final decision about where to have college publications printed. If it is necessary, the DCRM has the authority to use the college’s bidding procedure to ensure the fulfillment of the responsibilities under this procedure.
- The printer shall produce a proof of the publication and shall return it to the DCRM for final approval by the DCRM and the department of origin prior to printing. Only after the DCRM gives final approval of the proof shall the publication be printed.