Title: Fringe Benefits
Based on Policy:
5.02 - Employee Benefits
Office of Primary Responsibility: Vice President For Administrative Services/ Human Resources
To provide procedures for determining which positions are eligible for fringe benefits
- Only employees of the college who are filling regularly established full-time position shall be entitled to the fringe benefits of leave, college paid insurance and other such benefits as approved by the South Florida State College District Board of Trustees (See Procedure 5130, Leaves of Absence, for information on leave benefits).
- All full-time and part-time employees filling regularly established (non-temporary) positions are eligible for membership in the Florida Retirement System.
- Employees who are filling temporary positions are not eligible for membership in the Florida Retirement System nor are they eligible for any of the other personnel benefits offered by the college to employees in regular, full-time positions.
The following types of positions are considered temporary:
- An employment position that will not exist beyond six consecutive calendar months (any part of a month is considered a whole month)
- Work performed by casual laborers (persons who work intermittently when there are specific tasks to be performed)
- Persons on call (persons called to work unexpectedly for busy periods and whose employment ceases when the purpose for being called is satisfied)
- Persons appointed to instructional or non-instructional positions that are established with no expectation of continuation beyond one term at a time.
History: Last Revised: 7/7/09
Revised: 2/6/02, 6/1/05, 7/7/09