First Generation Matching Grant (FGMG)
The First Generation Matching Grant Program (FGMG) is a need-based grant program available to undergraduate students who demonstrate financial need. The State of Florida appropriates these funds. Award amounts vary based on available funds.
To be eligible for this grant, the student must meet these requirements each academic year:
- Complete a FAFSA.
- Your FAFSA should be processed by the priority deadline date of April 15 for the upcoming academic year. Funds are limited; therefore, there is no guarantee you will receive these funds. Apply early!
- Be a U.S. Citizen or an eligible non-citizen.
- Must have been a Florida resident for at least one year.
- Be a degree-seeking student (A.A.S., A.A., A.S., or bachelor's degree program).
- Be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours per term.
- Must not owe a repayment or be in default under any state or federal grant or loan program.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- Have not have previously received a bachelor's degree.
- Be a first generation college student. A student is considered "first generation" if neither of the student's parents have earned a college degree.
- Must meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).
FGMG awards have specific completion renewal requirements that are established by the institution that are different from the minimum Satisfactory Academic Progress requirements.
- All students receiving FGMG must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0.
Financial Assistance Services will verify your eligibility based on the information submitted on your FAFSA.