College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
CLEP is a credit-by-examination program in which students can earn college credits. The categories in which exams fall are Composition and Literature, Science and Mathematics, Foreign Languages, History and Social Sciences. Students will receive results instantly for all exams for all exams except the English Composition w/ Essay exam and other exams with optional essays.
The exams are offered at the Highlands Campus Testing Center. The exams take approximately 90 minutes, and there is a fee. The required minimum scores needed to receive college credit at SFSC are listed in the college catalog. Further information on CLEP may be found by visiting the College Board Web site at www.collegeboard.com.
What is SFSC's CLEP policy?
- CLEP exams are available at the Highlands (Avon Park) Campus Only.
- Call the Testing Center and schedule a test time.
- Fees are $80.00 to CLEP and $20.00 to SFSC. Fees are non-refundable. Credit card, check or money order can be used. Both fees should be made out on separate checks or money orders. (Fees are subject to change)
- A current driver’s license, SFSC ID, state issued photo ID, or current passport is required for identification.
- Please arrive 15 minutes early to fill out paperwork.
Free Online Help: