College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
CLEP is a credit-by-examination program in which students can earn college credits. The categories in which exams fall are Composition and Literature, Science and Mathematics, Foreign Languages, History and Social Sciences. Students will receive results instantly for all exams for all exams except the English Composition with Essay exam and other exams with optional essays.
The exams are offered at the Highlands Campus Testing Center. The exams take approximately 90 minutes, and there is a fee. The required minimum scores needed to receive college credit at SFSC are listed in the college catalog. Further information on CLEP may be found by visiting the College Board Web site at www.collegeboard.com.
What is SFSC's CLEP policy?
- CLEP exams are available at the Highlands (Avon Park) Campus Only.
- Prior to scheduling an appointment, students must go to the following website to create an account, pay for their exam, and receive a CLEP Exam Registration Ticket: https://clepportal.collegeboard.org/myaccount
- For questions regarding your account or registration ticket, contact CLEP services at
- Once you have your ticket, contact the SFSC Testing Center to schedule your test appointment. *Note, there is an administrative fee of $20 payable to SFSC at the time of testing.
- Two forms of ID are required for the exam: A primary ID, which must be a government-issued photo ID. The ID must include the name, signature, and recognizable photograph. A secondary ID, which may contain either a photograph or signature.
- Please arrive 15 minutes early to fill out paperwork.
Free Online Help: