- About the SFSC Foundation
- Donate Now
- Foundation Board of Directors
- Foundation Events
- Foundation Scholarships
- Alumni Association
- Take Stock in Children
- Panther Athletics Fundraisers
- FAQs for Donors
Panther Donations for 2020
FAQs for Donors
The SFSC Foundation is continuing our mission to support our students and the college for the education and future of the individuals we serve and our community. We stand committed to supporting our students both now in this unprecedented time of need and in the future.
Here are some helpful hints, including tax break information, on how your donation can make a difference in the lives of our students now and moving forward.
Tax Break Initiative for 2020
The CARES Act makes significant liberalizations to the rules in governing charitable deductions:
- An individual can claim $300 as an above the line deduction for 2020.
- An individual can donate 100% of his/her contribution base for charitable deductions rather than the limitation of 60%.
- The donation does NOT have to be COVID-19 related.
- The timeframe is for the year 2020.
Donation from an IRA
- The 10% early withdraw penalty fee is waived for those 59+ years of age for 2020.
- The IRA must send the funds directly to the charitable organization.
- Required Minimum Distribution (RMD) for individuals 72+ years old may donate to the charitable organization without being penalized as income, however, he/she cannot claim it as charitable giving.
NOTE: Usually an RMD requires a withdraw of funds each year, but that is being waived for 2020. However, a best practice to continue in 2020 as a charitable donation for 2020 as it will be a benefit for individual as pre-taxed, no income funds.
Ways to Give
- Donate online
- Call our office and process a payment with our staff: 863-453-3133
- Mail in a donation to: SFSC Foundation, 13 E. Main Street, Avon Park, FL 33825
- Volunteer your time with the Foundation through different initiatives
- Support Foundation events with your attendance and participation
Benefits to the Panther Community and Our Students
Scholarships for students
- Fill the financial gap for students
- Help students have more time to focus on their studies
- Help to lessen the impact of tuition costs
- Decrease the number and amount of loans students incur to complete their education
- Add to federal and state assistance
- Teach and prepare students to be philanthropic
- Assist with books and school supplies/tools needed to be successful
- Give students the assistance and confidence for a bright future
- Enrich the lives of our current and future students to excel as tomorrow’s leaders
- To continue to engage, educate, and empower the Panther community, our future leaders, and the workforce in Highlands County, DeSoto County, Hardee County, and beyond.
- Help to meet the challenges of tomorrow through the Partnership Project, a capital campaign initiative designed to fuel the vision of SFSC and ensure a bright, bold future for this generation and those to come.
- Pave the way for students to be successful in both their pursuit and completion of their degree.
Donate to the SFSC Foundation
Donations can be made to the Foundation by mail in check, credit card over the phone, or through the Paypal link or button below.
There is an optional note section in Paypal for you to provide where you would prefer the Foundation to apply your donation (i.e. Partnership Project, scholarship, general support, etc.).
Are you ready to make a donation and support SFSC?
Make checks payable and mail to:
13 East Main Street
Avon Park, FL 33825
To contact the SFSC Foundation: