Congratulations, future Panther! You’ve taken a step toward pursuing a quality education that will prepare you for success in the workplace, in future academic pursuits, and in life.
Here are just some of the reasons SFSC stands out as the smart choice for education.
- Small Class Sizes Enhance Learning. SFSC’s small class sizes ensure that you’ll have access to instructors and receive the attention you need. In general education courses, class sizes are capped at 24 students per class and average 11. Compare that to Florida’s large state universities, where hundreds of students attend a single class.
- Receive the Support You Need. SFSC offers numerous student support programs that help you succeed, including the Student Support Services/TRiO program, the Tutoring and Learning Center (TLC), Smarthinking online tutoring, and services for students with disabilities.
- Save Thousands in Tuition. You can save thousands of dollars in tuition by attending SFSC. For example, the average tuition for a 60-credit associate degree is $6,300, compared to $12,700 or more at a state university.
- Save Even More in Living Expenses. You can save thousands more in living expenses when you consider that the average cost for room, board, and travel expenses is around $10,000 per year at a state university.
- Get a Quality Education. Florida’s state universities typically employ 1,500-3,300 teaching assistants. By comparison, SFSC’s instructors are all highly qualified professionals with many possessing master’s and doctoral degrees. Here, the faculty-to-student ratio is 11.21, and our graduation rate is 14 percent higher than the state average.
- Participate in Student Activities. You can participate in campus life through SFSC’s social and academic clubs and intramural athletics.
- Your College Credits Count. SFSC is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges, just like Florida’s major state colleges and universities. Accreditation is a mark that SFSC meets standardized measures of excellence. It also means the college credits you earn at SFSC will be accepted if you transfer to another Florida state college.
Our students like us, too:
- 97 percent are satisfied that they attained their college educational goal
- 96 percent are satisfied with the quality of education they received at SFSC
Steps to Enrolling in SFSC
It’s easy to enroll in SFSC.
- Complete an online application. You’ll get an email explaining how to complete new student orientation and meet with your advisor.
- Visit the Financial Aid Office, where you’ll learn whether you qualify for grants and scholarships.
- Take your college placement tests.
- Register and pay for classes.
If you enrolled in a Florida college or university, you may complete classes at SFSC as a transient student. Go to FloridaShines.org to fill out a student application. If you are a student anywhere else, complete SFSC’s online Transient Student Application. Email our recruiter if you have questions.
(Note: Some occupational programs have additional admission requirements. Visit the program’s web page or contact the program director or an adviser for the complete steps to admission.)
- Finding an SFSC location in my community
- Associate degrees, bachelor’s degrees, and occupational programs
- Talking to an advisor about enrolling in SFSC
- Applying for financial aid
- Searching the class schedule
- Enhancing my educational experience through the SFSC Honors Program
- Finding student clubs and activities that match my interests
- Attending GED preparation classes
- Attending English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) classes
- Opportunities for military veterans
- Student housing