Transition (LPN to RN) Program
Application Deadline: March 5, 2021
Next Program Start: June 2021
To be eligible for admission to the Transition (LPN to RN) Program, please:
- Complete an online South Florida State College Admissions Application, select Nursing Transition (LPN to RN) major/program.
- Submit an official high school transcript, GED, or equivalent verifying proof of high school graduation to the Office of the Registrar.
- Submit official college transcripts verifying completion of the required prerequisite courses and all other college work attempted. Each of the following prerequisites must be completed by the application deadline with a minimum grade of a C or higher, and an overall cumulative program prerequisite GPA of 2.50:
- MAC 1105 – College Algebra (3 credit hours) or STA 2023 – Elementary Statistics (3 credit hours)
- ENC 1101 – Freshman English I (3 credit hours)
- BSC 1085C – Anatomy & Physiology I (4 credit hours) (Must be less than seven years old)
- BSC 1086C – Anatomy & Physiology II (4 credit hours) (Must be less than seven years old)
- PSY 2012 – General Psychology (3 credit hours)
- DEP 1004 – Human Development
- MCB 2010C – Microbiology (4 credit hours) (Must be less than seven years old)
- NUR 1180 – Nutrition (3 credit hours) or its equivalent HUN 1201
- Submit a current unencumbered LPN license or proof of application for Florida license, if holding an out-of-state LPN license.
- Submit a current CPR (Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers) certificate.
- Submit an IV Therapy certificate.
- Take ATI® TEAS (Test of Essential Academic Skills) Test. You may schedule your exam through the Testing and Assessment Center. If you have taken the TEAS at another college, you may elect to have an official transcript with your scores sent to SFSC.
- Obtain three written professional references using the Nursing Department Student Reference Form following the instructions on the form.
Transition (LPN to RN) Nursing Program Contact: