3340 | Florida Law Enforcement Academy
The Law Enforcement program trains you to become a law enforcement officer in the state of Florida. It is approved by the Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission for meeting state requirements for law enforcement officer training. By completing the program successfully, you receive a Career Certificate (CC) and are eligible to take the state certification examination to become a certified law enforcement officer. You must attend all sessions of training and score a minimum of 80% on all examinations per Administrative Rule.
Special Admission Requirements
To be considered for admission into the program, you must:
- Obtain authorization from the Director of the Criminal Justice Academy prior to registering for all or part of this program.
- Possess a valid Florida Driver’s License.
- Be 19 years of age prior to graduation from the Academy.
- Be a citizen of the United States of America.
- Submit to a background inquiry prior to admission (additional fee for fingerprint submission)
- Not have a record of conviction for any felony or misdemeanor involving moral turpitude or domestic violence.
- Successfully pass a Basic Abilities Test (additional fee) prior to admission.
- Complete the academy application process, only if you did not complete this application when applying to the college. This application is part of the Admissions application.
- Pass a physical exam for physical fitness training
* See Academy staff for list of required equipment.
* You must register for these classes as a “block” of instruction.
Length: 770 contact hours / 25.7 occupational credits
Volume 1 – Florida Basic Recruit Training Program: Law Enforcement
|Course Title||Hours||Course Number|
|Introduction to Law Enforcement||12||CJK 0002|
|Communications LE||24||CJK 0016|
|Interviewing and Report Writing||56||CJK 0019|
|Law Enforcement Vehicle Operations||48||CJK 0020|
|Serving Your Community||34||CJK 0021|
|First Aid for Criminal Justice Officers||40||CJK 0031|
|Criminal Justice Firearms||80||CJK 0040|
|Criminal Justice Defensive Tactics||80||CJK 0051|
|Fundamentals of Patrol||40||CJK 0063|
|Crimes Against Persons||48||CJK 0072|
|Crimes Involving Property and Society||12||CJK 0073|
|Crime Scene Follow-up Investigations||34||CJK 0079|
|Critical Incidents||44||CJK 0093|
Criminal Justice Officer Physical Fitness
|Traffic Incidents||12||CJK 0400|
|Traffic Stops||24||CJK 0401|
|Traffic Crash Investigations||30||CJK 0402|
|DUI Traffic Stops||24||CJK 0403|
|Conducted Electrical Weapon/Dart-Firing Stun Gun||4||CJK 0421|