Graduation Procedures for
Location: Alan Jay Wildstein Center for Performing Arts
Commencement Ceremony A
Associate in Arts and State of Florida High School Diploma
3:30 p.m. – Graduates arrive at Panther Gym
3:30 p.m. – Theatre doors are open to the public
4 p.m. – Graduates walk from Gym to Theatre
4:15 p.m. – Processional through the Theatre begins
4:30 p.m. – Ceremony begins
Commencement Ceremony B
Bachelor of Applied Science in Supervision and Management, Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education, Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Associate in Science, and Career Technical Certificate
6:30 p.m. – Graduates arrive at Panther Gym
6:30 p.m. – Theatre doors are open to the public
7 p.m. – Graduates walk from Gym to Theatre
7:15 p.m. – Processional through the Theatre begins
7:30 p.m. – Ceremony begins
IF YOU ARE A GRADUATE PARTICIPATING IN COMMENCEMENT*, CHECK YOUR PERSONAL AND COLLEGE EMAIL INBOX FOR INFORMATION.
All graduates must complete pre-graduation procedures to participate in Commencement services:
- Graduation Application
The current graduation application is for the December 2022 graduation.
- Application to Participate in Ceremony (part of Graduation Application)
- Purchase cap and gown from SFSC Bookstore (in person on the Highlands Campus)
You will receive an email confirmation that the process was successful.
If you have received any type of student loan, you are required to conduct an in-person exit interview with your financial aid advisor.
SFSC will be following CDC guidelines for all ceremonies.
- Masks are optional for all attendees and graduates
- Sanitization stations will be located throughout the theater and lobby for attendee and graduate use.
Students who plan to attend a Commencement ceremony must order their caps and gowns through the College Bookstore. Regalia MUST be purchased from the SFSC Bookstore by Thursday, April 14, 2022.
Bachelor’s Degree Program
- Cap, Gown and Tassel Package: $48
- Hood: $38
Associate Degree Program
- Cap, Gown and Tassel Package: $38
- Hood: $25
Certificates and Diplomas
- Cap, Gown and Tassel Package: $38
Additional tassels can be purchased for $7 each. All regalia purchased is subject to sales tax. Payment is due when orders are placed. For information, call the SFSC Bookstore at 863-784-7112.
Please do not bring these items to the Alan Jay Wildstein Center for the Performing Arts:
- Aerosol or spray cans
- Air horns, whistles, or other noise-making devices
- Lighters or candles
- Flags and flag poles
- Signs and banners
- Camera tripods and extension cords
- Wrapped gifts
- Pets other than service animals
- Laser pointers
- Frisbees or other projectiles
- Confetti, glitter, or streamers
- Silly string, beach balls, or other inflatable items
- Balloons are not allowed in the center
- Jewelry and flowers may not be worn on Commencement gowns
FROM ARCADIA: Travel north on U.S. 17 to Zolfo Springs. Turn right onto State Road 64, and travel east to Avon Park. Turn right onto U.S. 27. Heading south, drive approximately 2 miles; turn left at the light at College Drive.
FROM WAUCHULA: Travel east on East Main Street (State Road 636) to State Road 64. Continue east to Avon Park, and turn right onto U.S. 27. Heading south, drive approximately 2 miles; turn left at the light at College Drive.
FROM I-4: Take exit 55 onto U.S. 27, heading south towards Haines City. Continue south to Avon Park, approximately 48 miles. Continue on U.S. 27, south of downtown Avon Park, approximately 2 miles. Turn left at the light at College Drive.
Diplomas and Certificates
The Registrar is the official authority responsible for certifying that all graduation requirements have been met. Diplomas and certificates will be processed at the end of the term that the requirements are fulfilled. It takes approximately six to eight weeks for a student to receive his or her diploma or certificate by mail after the end of the term.
Official SFSC Transcripts
Frequently Asked Questions
Below you will find important questions and answers for the 2022 Commencement.
How do I learn when my ceremony will be held?
- If you have applied for graduation and purchased a cap and gown, please see the email that was sent to you. This contains the information for your ceremony. If you do not see this email, look in your junk or spam folder. You can also call 863-784-7107 for details.
How long is the ceremony?
- Your ceremony will last approximately one hour.
Where and when can I pick up my cap and gown?
- The SFSC Bookstore on the Highlands Campus will begin distributing caps and gowns on the determined date during the normal business hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Can I bring anything with me to the ceremony?
- Graduates should only bring keys and phones that can fit inside their cap and gown. Do not bring bags, purses, backpacks, or anything else that must be carried.
Will the ceremony be live-streamed this year?
- Yes. On the day of Commencement, there will be a clickable image on the homepage of southflorida.edu to take you straight to the live coverage.