- Student Hub
- Panther Central
- Find Your Pathway
- Advanced Practice Nurse Pathway
- Biologist Pathway
- Chemist Pathway
- Dental Assistant Pathway
- Dental Hygienist Pathway
- EMT Pathway
- Engineer Pathway
- Health Services Pathway
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Pathway
- Mathematician Pathway
- Physicist or Astronomer Pathway
- Pre-Professional Pathway
- Radiologic Technologist Pathway
- Registered Nurse Pathway
- Degrees & Programs
- College Catalog
- Student Handbook
- Class Schedules
- Student Support Resources
- Request a Transcript
- Advising & Counseling
- Transfer Opportunities
- Financial Aid and Scholarships
- Distance Learning
- SFSC Bookstore
- Testing and Assessment Center
- Exam Fees
- Policies & Procedures
- ATI TEAS Nursing Admission Exam
- College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
- Distance Learning
- Instructor Authorized Exams
- Pearson Vue
- Postsecondary Education Readiness Test (PERT)
- Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE)
- Highlands Campus (Avon Park) Information
- Clubs & Activities
- Student Government Association
- African American Association
- Agriculture Club
- American Dental Hygienists
- Art Club
- Basketball Club
- College Democrats
- College Republicans
- Communications Club
- Dental Students Association
- DeSoto Campus Ambassadors
- Hardee Campus Ambassadors
- Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI)
- Jac Pac
- Latin Student Organization
- Phi Beta Lambda
- Phi Theta Kappa
- Radiography Club
- Soccer Club
- Student Nurses Association
- Student Practical Nurses
- Veterans Club of South Florida State College (VCSFSC)
- Volleyball Club
- Fitness Center
- Blackboard Connect
Graduation Procedures for
Spring 2021 Commencement
Date: Tuesday, May 11
Location: Alan Jay Wildstein Center for Performing Arts
IF YOU ARE A GRADUATE PARTICIPATING IN COMMENCEMENT, CHECK YOUR PERSONAL AND COLLEGE EMAIL INBOX FOR INFORMATION.
All graduates must complete pre-graduation procedures to participate in Commencement services:
DUE BY THURSDAY, MARCH 11, 2021
- Graduation Application
- Application to Participate in Ceremony (part of Graduation Application)
- Purchase cap and gown from SFSC Bookstore (in person on the Highlands Campus)
You will receive an email confirmation that the process was successful.
If you have received any type of student loan, you are required to conduct an in-person exit interview with your financial aid advisor.
SFSC will be following CDC guidelines for all ceremonies.
- Masks are required for all attendees and graduates
- All seating will be socially distanced. To maintain social distancing, all seating is assigned.
- Sanitization stations will be located throughout the theater and lobby for attendee and graduate use.
Tickets are required to attend all ceremonies.
All graduates and guests will be issued reserved tickets when they pick up their cap and gown from the SFSC Bookstore.
Tickets and seating are limited in order to comply with CDC guidelines.
Do not lose your tickets. They cannot be replaced.
Students who plan to attend a Commencement ceremony must order their caps and gowns through the College Bookstore. Regalia MUST be purchased from the SFSC Bookstore by March 11.
Bachelor’s Degree Program
- Cap, Gown and Tassel Package: $48
- Hood: $38
Associate Degree Program
- Cap, Gown and Tassel Package: $38
- Hood: $25
Certificates and Diplomas
- Cap, Gown and Tassel Package: $38
Additional tassels can be purchased for $6 each. All regalia purchased is subject to sales tax. Payment is due when orders are placed. For information, call the SFSC Bookstore at 863-784-7112.
Please do not bring these items to the Alan Jay Wildstein Center for the Performing Arts:
- Aerosol or spray cans
- Air horns, whistles, or other noise-making devices
- Lighters or candles
- Flags and flag poles
- Signs and banners
- Camera tripods and extension cords
- Wrapped gifts
- Pets other than service animals
- Laser pointers
- Frisbees or other projectiles
- Confetti, glitter, or streamers
- Silly string, beach balls, or other inflatable items
- Balloons are not allowed in the center
- Jewelry and flowers may not be worn on Commencement gowns
FROM ARCADIA: Travel north on U.S. 17 to Zolfo Springs. Turn right onto State Road 64, and travel east to Avon Park. Turn right onto U.S. 27. Heading south, drive approximately 2 miles; turn left at the light at College Drive.
FROM WAUCHULA: Travel east on East Main Street (State Road 636) to State Road 64. Continue east to Avon Park, and turn right onto U.S. 27. Heading south, drive approximately 2 miles; turn left at the light at College Drive.
FROM I-4: Take exit 55 onto U.S. 27, heading south towards Haines City. Continue south to Avon Park, approximately 48 miles. Continue on U.S. 27, south of downtown Avon Park, approximately 2 miles. Turn left at light at College Drive.
Diplomas and Certificates
The Registrar is the official authority responsible for certifying that all graduation requirements have been met. Diplomas and certificates will be processed at the end of the term that the requirements are fulfilled. It takes approximately six to eight weeks for a student to receive his or her diploma or certificate by mail after the end of the term.
Official SFSC Transcripts
Frequently Asked Questions
Below you will find important questions and answers for 2021 Commencement.
How do I learn when my ceremony will be held?
- If you have applied for graduation and purchased a cap and gown, please see the email that was sent to you. This contains the information for your ceremony. If you do not see this email, look in your junk or spam folder. You can also call 863-784-7107 for details.
How long is the ceremony?
- Your ceremony will last approximately one hour.
Where and when can I pick up my cap and gown?
- The SFSC Bookstore on the Highlands Campus will begin distributing caps and gowns on the determined date during the normal business hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Can I bring anything with me into the ceremony?
- Graduates should only bring keys and phones that can fit inside your cap and gown. Do not bring bags, purses, backpacks, or anything else that must be carried.