- Title IX Home
- Sex-/Gender-Based Harassment, Discrimination, and Sexual Misconduct Guiding Principles
- Sex-/Gender-Based Harassment, Discrimination, and Sexual Misconduct Resolution Procedures
- Title IX Training
- Report an Incident
- Meet SFSC’s Title IX EA/EO Coordinators
- Sexual Violence Reduction Tips
- Title IX Resources
- Office for Civil Rights
- Equal Access/Equal Opportunity Statement
- Equal Access/Equal Opportunity Statement (en Español)
Sex Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Violence
Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 is a federal law that prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in educational programs and activities at institutions that receive federal financial assistance.
Sexual harassment, which includes acts of sexual violence, is a form of sex discrimination prohibited by Title IX. Sex discrimination is a continuum of behaviors ranging from sexual harassment and intimidation to sexual assault.
South Florida State College is committed to maintaining a learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of sex, which includes sexual harassment and sexual violence. These acts violate an individual’s fundamental rights and personal dignity and will not be tolerated. South Florida State College seeks to address sex discrimination, sexual harassment, and sexual violence through education, policy enforcement, and by providing mechanisms for students, faculty, staff and visitors to report concerns or complaints. Prompt corrective measures will be taken to stop sex discrimination, sexual harassment, and sexual violence whenever it occurs.
A Letter to the SFSC Community – Jan. 17, 2023
For more information, contact:
Title IX Coordinator