3344 | Law Enforcement to Correctional
This Career Certificate (CC) program trains you to become a corrections officer in the state of Florida, and it meets the state requirements as approved by the Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission. If you hold a law enforcement officer training certificate and passed the State Certification Examination, you may “crossover” to corrections. Upon successful completion of this occupational program, you will be eligible to take the state certification examination to become a certified corrections officer. You must attend all sessions of training and per Administrative Rule, score a minimum of 80% on all examinations.
Special Admission Requirements:
- Must be a certified law enforcement officer or have successfully completed the Basic Law Enforcement Academy and pass the state certification examination.
- Obtain authorization from the Director of the Public Service Academy prior to registering for all or part of this program.
- Submit to a background inquiry prior to admission (additional fingerprint fee).
- Not have a record of conviction for any felony or misdemeanor involving moral turpitude or domestic violence.
- Successfully pass a basic abilities test (additional fee).
- Complete the academy application process, only if you did not complete this application when applying to the college. This application is part of the Admissions application.
Length: 198 contact hours
|Course Title||Course Number||Course Hours|
|Introduction to Corrections||CJK 0300||32|
|Officer Safety||CJK 0310||16|
|Facility and Equipment||CJK 0315||8|
|Intake and Release||CJK 0320||18|
|Supervising in a Correctional Facility||CJK 0325||40|
|Supervising Special Populations||CJK 0330||20|
|Responding to Incidents and Emergencies||CJK 0335||16|
|Cross-Over Program Updates||CJK 0393||18|