AFC Scholarship – $150 Award
- Applicant must be an AFC member or dependent of a member.
- Dual enrollment students are not eligible for the AFC scholarship.
- Applicant must have a college-level GPA of at least 2.5. Entering freshmen must have a high school GPA of 2.5.
- Applicant must provide proof of enrollment.
- Applicant must submit a complete AFC Scholarship Application within the first 30 days of the term for which the scholarship is being requested.
- AFC member must demonstrate their participation in the local chapter’s fundraising activities. Two documented examples must be given where the AFC member has volunteered to work or supported a fundraiser through gift-n-kind donations within the last year.
- The Membership Status Questionnaire must be completed by the AFC member.
- The dependent must be enrolled at least half time (6 credit hours or 240 clock hours per term).
- The dependent must be pursuing a postsecondary degree or certificate program at an accredited institution.
- The recipient will be chosen by the AFC Scholarship Committee.
- Scholarship applications from members will receive priority over those from dependents.
- The Scholarship Committee will consider the applicant’s prior awards when granting scholarship funds to ensure maximum benefit to all AFC members.
- Recipients must submit final semester grades to be eligible for future awards.
Awarded AFC scholarships will be credited to the SFSC’s student account. Students can request a refund from the Cashier’s Office if they qualify.
AFC Foundation Scholarship – $500 Award
- The applicant must file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- The applicant must be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen.
- The applicant must be a SFSC student enrolled in SFSC at least half time (6 credit hours or 240 clock hours per term).
- Submit a complete AFC Scholarship Application. The applicant who submits an application with information omitted will not be considered for a scholarship.
- The applicant must have a college GPA of at least 2.75 and meet the minimum criteria established by the SFSC Foundation.
Additional AFC Requirements:
- Applicants for the AFC Foundation Scholarship must complete the same application process as listed above for the $150 scholarship.
- The applicant must have completed at least 6 credit hours or 240 clock hours per academic term at SFSC prior to the AFC Foundation Scholarship.
- The recipient will be chosen by the AFC Scholarship Committee who will then make a recommendation to the SFSC Scholarship Committee.
- The AFC Foundation Scholarship is only awarded once a year.
- Applications are due in accordance with financial aid guidelines and the SFSC Foundation requirements.
- Applicants may reapply for this scholarship if un-awarded.
- Recipients can only be awarded this scholarship once in a lifetime.
- Applicants may not receive both the AFC $150 award and the AFC Foundation $500 award in the same academic term.