Camp Adventure: June 10 – July 26
- 2019 Camp Adventure Registration Packet
- Highlands Campus Map
- Camp Menu
- For more information, call 784-7032
SFSC’s 2019 Camp Adventure is taking off mid June with week-long programs that keep kids engaged and learning. Kids can attend all six weeks or any week of their choice. There is no camp the week of July 4.
- Fun and interactive sessions
- Games, sports, and swimming
- Technology and art
- Academic enrichment
- Structured, supervised recreation
- Program-related field trips to local attractions
Who Can Attend?
- Any completers of elementary grades K – 5 as of May 24, 2019
- Early drop-off and late pick-up: 7:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m. All campers should arrive by 8:15 a.m.
- Camper meals made daily at the SFSC Cafeteria, Monday – Thursday (breakfast and lunch)
- All field trips
- All staff are certified in CPR and first aid.
- Lead counselors have educational degrees.
- Week 1 (CRN 30127) – June 10-14 – Campin’ In = $162
- Camping at Camp Adventure will be fun times galore with camp tales, tin can grills, and of course, s’mores! On Friday, our gym will become our private campsite with everything from camp food, tents, snacks, and a movie. (No field trip. Party in the gym.)
- Week 2 (CRN 30128) – June 17-21 – Innovation Station – STEM = $167 *Additional fee included
- When school is out, Camp Adventure is in! SFSC’s Camp Innovation Station will inspire and engage curious minds through STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) learning. Join us this summer to explore the science of magic, discover the mysteries of chemistry, and more! (No field trip. Special Guest Magician Nelson Pacheco.)
- Week 3 (CRN 30129) – June 24-28 – Imaginarium – Art Week = $167 *Additional fee included
- Bring your creativity this week as we let our imaginations soar. Campers will enjoy different mediums beginning with basic painting, beading, and assemblage. Each day campers will use different materials and techniques to create artistic projects that stimulate the imagination. Art show and auction on Thursday for friends, family, and everyone. (All auction donations will go toward a field trip to Defy Lakeland.)
- Week 4 (CRN 30130) – July 8-12 – Classic Wheels and Railroad = $172 *Additional fee included
- Rev up your engines classic and new. Get close up to vehicles and compare the differences between yesterday’s models and today’s. Race your friends in your DIY car for the chance to place on the leader board. On Friday, we will all share a first for Camp Adventure as we take an Amtrak ride to Winter Haven and enjoy lunch at a local park. (Field trip is an Amtrak train ride to Winter Haven with lunch at the park.)
- Week 5 (CRN 30131) – July 15-19 – Hakuna Matata Week = $169 *Additional fee included
- “Hakuna Matata, ain’t no passing phrase” at Camp Adventure. “It means no worries for the rest of your days.” Let’s come together and honor the original Lion King movie and celebrate its 25th anniversary with games, acting, luau party, and more! (Field Trip to the movies in Sebring to see Disney’s The Lion King.)
- Week 6 (CRN 30132) – July 22-26 – 50 Hours of Camp Adventure = $162
- Last camp week of the year means silly games and even sillier clothes and hair. Campers vs. Counselors on games, dress up, and karaoke. You won’t want to miss this Friday because we’re bringing back the GLOW PARTY. Music, black lights, and glow in the dark EVERYTHING. Everyone will enjoy our traditional sundae bar and pizza party as well. (No field trip. We will have a pizza party.)
*FOR THE OLDER KIDS: Peer-to-Peer Mentor Opportunity
A volunteer program for youth who have completed 10th or 11th grade to earn community service hours for college scholarships or honor societies, or to simply gain experience to add to a résumé if they have never worked before.