Dental Assistant Program
Application Deadline: May 10, 2021
Next Program Start: August 2021 (fall term)
To be eligible for admission to the Dental Assisting Program, please:
- Complete an online South Florida State College Admissions Application and select Dental Assistant-CC for major/program.
- Submit an official high school transcript, GED, or equivalent verifying proof of high school graduation to the Office of the Registrar. If you are currently in high school, you must be 18 years or older and have your diploma before the fall program start date.
- Submit official college transcripts from all other colleges you have attended to the Office of the Registrar by the application deadline.
- Demonstrate competency in English, reading, and math. You must satisfy this requirement by completing any ONE of the following options by the application deadline:
- Have an associate degree or higher
- Entered ninth grade in a Florida public school in the 2003-2004 school year, or any year thereafter, and earned a Florida Standard High School Diploma
- Earned a State of Florida High School Equivalency Diploma (GED) within two years of admission
- Attained the following scores on ONE of the following approved testing:
|Test for Adult Basic Education 11 and 12 (TABE) (Taken After Dec. 30, 2018)|
|Math||627 or higher|
|Reading||597 or higher|
|Language||608 or higher|
|TABE 9 and 10 (Taken After Dec. 31, 2018)|
|PERT (Florida Education Readiness Test)|
|SAT, The College Board (Since March 1, 2016)|
|Writing and Language||25|
|ACT with Writing or ACT|
- Complete 16 hours of observation/working in a general dentist office/clinic by the application deadline. The Dental Assisting Observation Hours form must be completed and submitted online with your dental assisting program application.
Dental Assisting Program Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org