DENTAL HYGIENE PROGRAM
Application Deadline: May 9, 2022
Next Program Start: August 2022 (fall)
To be eligible for admission to the Dental Hygiene Program, please:
- Complete an online South Florida State College Admissions Application and select Dental Hygiene-AS for major/program.
- Submit an official high school transcript, GED, or equivalent verifying proof of high school graduation to the Office of the Registrar. If you are currently in high school, you must be 18 or older and have your diploma before the first day of fall classes.
- Submit official college transcripts verifying completion of the required prerequisite courses and all other college work attempted. Each of the following prerequisite courses must be completed by the application deadline with a minimum grade of ‘C’ or higher per course and an overall cumulative program prerequisite GPA of 2.75:
- BSC 1085C – Human Anatomy and Physiology I (4 credit hours)
- BSC 1086C – Human Anatomy and Physiology II (4 credit hours)
- CHM 1020 – Introducing General Chemistry (3 credit hours)
- CHM 1020L – Introducing General Chemistry Lab ( 1 credit hour)
- ENC 1101 – Freshman English I (3 credit hours)
- MAC 1105 – College Algebra (3 credit hours)
- MCB 2010C – Microbiology (4 credit hours)
* All sciences courses must have been taken within five years of application to the program.
* All remedial courses must be completed to be eligible for college-level courses.
- Complete 40 hours of observation/working in a general dentist office/clinic by the application deadline. The Dental Hygiene Observation Hours form must be completed and submitted online with your dental hygiene program application.
Dental Hygiene Program Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org