One child, one family, one school, one community at a time
Take Stock in Children is a non-profit program which provides scholarships to college or vocational/technical school, caring mentors, and college success coaches for eligible underserved children in DeSoto, Hardee, and Highlands counties. Since 1995, Take Stock has provided over 28,900 children with scholarships and mentors in Florida.
To be in the program, children must:
- Complete an application in its entirety
- Provide financial documents of eligibility
- Be eligible for the free/reduced lunch program
- Meet academic and school performance standards
Be nominated in the eighth grade by their Florida public school
- Be selected by the local TSIC Leadership Council
Sign a contract agreeing to stay drug- and crime-free
Maintain satisfactory grades
Exhibit good behavior in school
- Graduate from a Florida public school
Upon graduation from high school, each student who has honored the Take Stock in Children commitment receives a two-year college tuition scholarship to a state college or to a vocational/technical school.
Click here for a Mentor Application.
Click here to see our state office website.
To donate to TSIC, please call the SFSC Foundation office at 863-453-3133.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 863-784-7343.