- Policies & Procedures
- Block Schedule
- College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
- Distance Education
- Florida Basic Abilities Test (FBAT)
- General Educational Development (GED)
- Instructor Authorized Exams
- Nursing Entrance Exam
- Pearson Vue
- Postsecondary Education Readiness Test (PERT)
- Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE)
- Testing and Assessment Center Contacts
At the instructor’s request, make-up, online, and other special exams are given in the SFSC Testing and Assessment Center. All exams are administered in a quiet, safe, and secure testing environment and are closely monitored by Testing Center staff. Exams are administered in accordance with the instructions of the course instructor that created them. The Testing Center will not be able to deviate from these instructions without prior course instructor approval.
All instructor authorized exams are given by appointment only and requires at least 24 hours advanced notice. Be aware that testing times vary by location. Please contact your desired testing location to determine their specific authorized instructor exam testing times. When you make the appointment, be prepared to provide the name of your instructor, the name of the course, the test number, and the modality (computer-based or paper and pencil). This may be different from the regular course delivery method.
- On the day of your exam, bring in a valid form of photo identification. If you do not present a valid and acceptable photo ID on test day, you will be asked to reschedule your exam for a time when you can produce a valid and acceptable ID. Acceptable forms of ID are:
- SFSC ID
- Driver’s license
- State-issued photo ID
- You must arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your scheduled test time.
- Once checked in, you will be required to store all electronic devices and personal items in a secure locker prior to and during testing.
- Testing candidates are the only ones allowed in the Testing Center; this includes children and guests of the testing candidate. Children are not allowed to be unattended outside of the Testing Center or any other area of the college during testing.
There is no fee associated with SFSC students taking SFSC instructor authorized exams. If you are a student from another institution wanting to take an exam at SFSC, visit distance education for detailed information about scheduling your exam.
Retesting is only permitted with instructor approval.