We encourage local employers to use the many free services available to them through the SFSC Career Center. If you are looking for qualified candidates for job openings in your company, we can help connect you to applicants from the college and the community.
All Career Development Center job placement services are free to students, alumni, employers, and the general public.
Some specific ways we can assist you are:
- Providing you with a free account you can use to post your job openings on the College Central Network’s job board, and facilitating referrals of qualified job seekers to you. Job postings can be accessed by local students and job seekers in the College Central Network across the U.S.
- Search resumes posted on the College Central Network by students and other job seekers to identify strong hiring prospects. Contact them through the College Central Network to follow-up on their interest in your open positions.
- Ensuring that referred job applicants will come to an interview with an appropriate professional resume, and that they will contact you via the method you specify.
- Providing applicants limited access to computers, the Internet, and FAX services to facilitate communication.
- Giving you limited access to computers, the Internet, and FAX services as well as to a private conference room at SFSC for your use for occasional on-site interviews with potential employees.
- Connecting you to sources of current labor market data.
- Making students aware of opportunities in your business not only for employment, but also for internships and Co-Op experiences.
If you would like to post a job vacancy on the College Job Board, create an account and register. SFSC employment specialists will review your registration and contact you when it is approved. You can then post your own job openings on College Central Network and make them available to job seekers for as long as you desire.
Start by creating a College Central Network employer account.
The Career Development Center sponsors special events throughout the year through which you can promote your company or business and connect with potential job applicants. They include:
- Offered at SFSC campuses throughout the year upon request
- Provides you free exhibit space and opportunity to network with hundreds of students and other community job seekers
Featured Employer Exhibits
- Offered frequently at the SFSC Highlands Campus (Avon Park), and at our other campus locations (Arcadia, Bowling Green, Lake Placid) upon request.
- Provides you free exhibit space in a student high traffic area on campus to help you increase student awareness of the employment potential with your company.
- Focuses attention solely on your company during this special activity.
If you would like to schedule a Hiring or Featured Employer event, please email SFSCcareercenter@southflorida.edu. We’ll contact you promptly to discuss your needs.
Transition to Employment Events
From Backpack to Briefcase (new program beginning Spring 2016)
- These free special events help SFSC students who will soon graduate prepare for job search.
- Events feature relevant table displays by key local employers and agencies, brief workshops, and information presentations.
- To participate, contact the Career Development Center.
Contact the Career Development Center
Building B, Room 111
All services are free. Most services are available to students and the public.