Consider a work study position at one of our SFSC campuses!
A number of student work study positions for the 2021-22 academic year are becoming available. All positions begin in fall 2019 term. Some will continue into the spring 2022 term and a few may extend into summer.
All positions pay $9.25/hour and are for a maximum of 10-15 hours/week. Work schedules vary and are arranged by each employing department.
To qualify, you must:
- Have a current FAFSA on file in the SFSC Financial Aid Office and document an unmet financial need (for federal work study positions).
- Be enrolled for the term for at least 6 credit hours.
- Have an overall GPA of at least 2.0.
- Complete the 2021-22 Work Study Application and submit at the Career Development Center. (The application is also available in the Career Development Center and in Panther Central Announcements.)
- Create/activate your student account now in College Central (collegecentral.com/southflorida). (Staff in the Career Development Center can assist you.)
- Once you’ve submitted your signed 2019-20 Work Study Application and you have been approved to participate in work study, the Career Development Center will send you instructions on how to apply for the specific work study jobs in which you have an interest (a maximum of three).
Some of the positions available are:
- Tutoring (Adult Education, Math Lab, Writing Lab)
- Student Office Assistants (Dean’s offices, Career Development Center, etc.)
- Student Office Assistants (DeSoto and Hardee campuses and Lake Placid Center)
- Off-campus Tutors (at community service agencies or public schools)
- Student Life Assistants (for PAC/Panther Game Pad)
- Honors/Service Learning Student Assistant
- Library Cataloging and Classification Assistant
- Science Lab Assistants
- and more!