- Keysha Pecor, President
- Tamara Stokes, Vice President, Membership
- James Pinkney, Vice President, Fundraising
- Roxanne Guerndt, Secretary
- Nicole Darder, Treasurer
- Jessica Sturgill, Public Relations Officer
- Amber Reid, DeSoto representative
- Olivia Sanchez, Hardee representative
- Itzel Martinez Lake Placid representative
- Heather Oyola, Historian
- Katherine Oyola, Historian
- Christian Reitenauer, SGA Representative
Phi Theta Kappa
Phi Theta Kappa is an international honor society that recognizes and encourages scholarship among college associate and baccalaureate degree-seeking students. SFSC’s chapter, Tau Epsilon, was founded in 1968. The society provides an opportunity to develop leadership and service, promotes an intellectual climate for scholars, and fosters a continued interest in academic excellence. Eligible students must be currently enrolled in a college credit degree program and must have earned 12 or more college credit hours with a cumulative GPA of 3.25 or higher. if interested, call 863-784-7312 or 863-784-7331. Members do not need to be full-time students for eligibility.
- Recognize and encourage the academic achievement of two-year college students and;
- Provide opportunities for individual growth and development through participation in honors, leadership, service, and fellowship programming.
What can Phi Theta Kappa do for you?
Validate your academic success
We think it’s cool to be smart! We reward your hard work and top grades with membership in the world’s oldest and largest community college honor society.
Empower you for future success
The transition to college isn’t easy, whether you are entering directly after high school or after years outside the classroom. We can help, with support from your campus chapter and real resources built around the needs of community college students.
Expand your academic horizons
Use our honors program, Honors in Action, and your research and leadership skills to engage in problem-solving and make a difference through service.
Develop “soft” skills
Learn about effective written and oral communications, leadership skills, critical thinking, time management and teamwork through Five Star Competitive Edge professional development plan.
Keep you on track to complete college
We’re committed to increasing credentialing rates. See how we can help with scholarship information and our transfer planning platform, CollegeFish.org.
Connect you to our world of scholars
Be part of a global network of students through our interactive website, Facebook, Twitter and cutting-edge technology available 24/7, providing complete programming access to distance learners and evening students.