Benefits of Membership
- Professional Development in leadership, advocacy, working as a team, and more
- Access to information on issues and programs that affect higher education, Florida College System, and ultimately YOU
- Ability to attend workshops and conferences to learn new skills and become better informed
- Opportunity to apply for AFC scholarships and grants for continuing your education
- Network with colleagues at SFSC and around Florida
- A voice in issues that impact you, your students, and SFSC
- Lifetime friendships with others of like interests
- Helping others, locally and statewide, in community service projects
How to Join
Once completed, hard copy applications should be returned to the SFSC Membership Committee. If you need assistance completing the application, email Lena Phelps or call 863-784-7303. To complete the application from the AFC website, choose SFSC and follow the directions.
Membership is based on your wages at SFSC. View the membership application for details on current rates. You may pay AFC dues by cash, check, credit card, or payroll deduction. $1.50 of your dues stays in the SFSC Chapter.
The SFSC Chapter of AFC meets every third Wednesday of the month at 3 p.m., on the Highlands Campus, in Building B, Room 112. Contact the following with meeting questions:
|Keith Loweke, President||863-784-7219|
|Lisa Johnson-DeCarie, Secretary||863-784-7107|
AFC’s Commissions provide an opportunity for college employees with similar job responsibilities to enhance their professional skills and knowledge and to network, share, and recognize exemplary practices with colleagues from around the state. Each commission has its own elected Board of Directors and bylaws for organizational purposes, to plan commission activities, and support the overall mission and purposes of AFC. The Chair of each commission serves on the Association’s Board of Directors. Commissions usually meet at least twice a year to provide programs of interest to commission members and to recognize colleagues and programs of an exemplary nature.