AFC Scholarship – $150 Award
- Applicant must be a AFC member or dependent of a member.
- Applicant must have a college level GPA of at least 2.5. Entering freshmen must have a high school GPA of 2.5.
- Applicant must provide proof of enrollment.
- Applicant must submit a complete scholarship application within the first 30 days of the term for which the scholarship is being requested.
- The Membership Status Questionnaire must be completed by the AFC member.
- The Dependent must be enrolled at least half-time (6 credit hours or 240 clock hours per term).
- The Dependent must be pursuing a post-secondary degree or certificate program at an accredited institution.
- The Recipient will be chosen by the AFC Scholarship Committee.
- Scholarship applications from members will receive priority over those from dependents.
- Recipients must submit final semester grades in order to be eligible for future awards.
AFC Foundation Scholarship – $500 Award
- The applicant must file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- The applicant must be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen.
- The applicant must be a SFSC student enrolled in SFSC at least half-time (6 credit hours or 240 clock hours per term).
- Submit a complete scholarship application. The Applicant who submits an application with information omitted will not be considered for a scholarship.
- The applicant must have a college GPA of at least 2.75 and meet the minimum criteria established by the SFSC Foundation.
Additional AFC Requirements:
- Applicants for the AFC Foundation Scholarship must complete the same application process as listed above for the $150 scholarship.
- The Applicant must have completed at least 6 credit hours or 240 clock hours per term at SFSC prior to the AFC Foundation Scholarship.
- The Recipient will be chosen by the AFC Scholarship Committee who will then make a recommendation to the SFSC Scholarship Committee.
- The AFC Foundation Scholarship is only awarded once a year.
- Applications are due in accordance with Financial Aid guidelines and the SFSC Foundation requirements.
- Applicants may reapply for this scholarship if un-awarded.
- Recipients can only be awarded this scholarship once in a lifetime.