What is the Highlands Career Institute at SFSC?
Get started on a productive career while you’re still in high school. The Highlands Career Institute at South Florida State College is your road to success.
The Highlands Career Institute at SFSC is an entire learning experience on the SFSC Highlands Campus. You’ll attend high school classes, taught by high school instructors, during one half of the day. During the other half of the day, you’ll attend college-level classes alongside other college students.
Through the Highlands Career Institute at SFSC, you can earn your high school diploma and work toward a vocational certification (and possible college credit) at the same time, thereby saving you valuable time in accomplishing your professional goals. In other words, you’ll be ready to enter the workforce immediately upon high school graduation.
Seventy-two percent of the top 25 fastest-growing occupations in Florida require vocational or college training. The Highlands Career Institute opens those doors for future high-paying jobs in occupations that are recognized as growing throughout Florida.
To be eligible for the Highlands Career Institute at SFSC, you must be in the 10th, 11th, or 12th grade.
To find out how you can be involved in the Highlands Career Institute at SFSC, visit your high school guidance counselor, or call:
- Costs are deferred for tuition and books.
- Breakfast and lunch services.
- If eligible, students may participate is extracurricular activities at their school of enrollment.
- Upon meeting high school graduation requirements, students may participate in commencement ceremonies at their school of enrollment.
- Enjoy all the activities, events, facilities, and privileges available to SFSC and Highlands County high school students.