Create a Winning Resume, Cover Letter, and Portfolio
In today’s world of work you must have an outstanding, eye-catching, skill-based resume to progress to an employment interview- and hopefully a job offer! Having a strong resume is more critical than ever as many employers only accept resumes electronically, attached to applications completed online at their web sites. In some circumstances you also need a cover letter and, perhaps, a portfolio that illustrates samples of your work and accomplishments.
Career Development Center staff will help you create a resume that effectively highlights your knowledge and skills, properly formatted for the type of employment you are seeking. We are happy to assist you with making that very first resume, updating your current resume, or reorganizing your resume into a variety of styles. You can create your electronic resume and/or cover letter in the Career Development Center, print out copies on quality paper stock that we provide, and get tips for your job search.
Many free resources are also available through the Career Development Center to assist you with development of resumes and cover letters and with interview preparation.
College Central Network
College Central Network is South Florida State College’s online career development and job hosting service.
- Create a resume, cover letter, and portfolio that employers may search.
- Submit your draft resume, cover letter, or portfolio letter to our employment specialist to obtain feedback.
Win-Way Resume Software
- Create resumes automatically by selecting your profession, then customizing your resume with ready-to-use phrases and keywords.
- Also creates resume cover letters, ad response letters, and interview thank you letters.
- Includes a Resume Auditor tool to check for errors or inconsistencies in your documents- and suggests options for improving them.
- Use the free ResumeShare iPhone app to send your resume to your phone formatted to facilitate emailing it to potential employers with a click.
- Provides a job application reference sheet template to help you organize your information.
- Review common interview questions and suggested answers in video format to ace your future interviews!
Other Resources Available in the Career Development Center:
- Career reference books, videos, DVDs, CD-ROMs, and website directories.
- Books and videos to assist you in preparing resumes and cover letters.
- Career guidance magazines and industry/occupational employment projection publications and salary guides.
- Desktop and laptop stations with Internet access.
- Employability and career planning workshops.
- Career fairs, hiring events and Featured Employer presentations at SFSC campuses during the fall and spring terms.
Contact the Career Development Center
Building B, Room 111
All services are free. Most services are available to students and the public.