- Policies & Procedures
- Block Schedule
- College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
- Distance Education
- Florida Basic Abilities Test (FBAT)
- General Educational Development (GED)
- Instructor Authorized Exams
- Nursing Entrance Exam
- Pearson Vue
- Postsecondary Education Readiness Test (PERT)
- Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE)
- Testing and Assessment Center Contacts
The College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) is a credit-by-examination program in which students can earn college credits by passing any of the 33 college subject examinations. The exams take approximately 90 minute to complete. The required minimum scores needed to receive college credit at SFSC are listed in the College Catalog. For more information about CLEP, visit the College Board website at https://clep.collegeboard.org.
Prior to scheduling an appointment, students must go to the following website to create an account, pay the exam fee, and print a CLEP Exam Registration Ticket, https://clepportal.collegeboard.org/myaccount. Please note, there will be a $20.00 administration fee payable to SFSC at the time of testing. Once you have your CLEP Exam Registration Ticket, please call the Testing Center at 863-784-7214 to schedule your appointment. All tests are given by appointment only and we require at least 48 hours advanced notice. Please note, this exam is only offered on the SFSC Highlands Campus.
- One the day of your exam, bring in a valid form of government-issued photo identification. If you do not present a valid and acceptable photo ID on test day, you will be asked to reschedule your exam for a time when you can produce a valid and acceptable ID. Acceptable forms of ID are:
- Driver’s license
- State or Province ID Card
- Military ID
- National ID
- Tribal ID
- Naturalization card or certificate of citizenship
- Permanent Resident Card (Green Card)
- Plan to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your appointment.
- Pay your $20.00 administration fee; payable at the time of testing.
- Once payment has been made and you are checked in, you will be required to store all electronic devices and personal items in a secure locker prior to and during testing.
- Testing candidates are the only ones allowed in the Testing Center; this includes children and guests of the testing candidate. Children are not allowed to be unattended outside of the Testing Center or any other area of the college during testing.
$80.00 per exam; payable to College Board at the time of registration.
$20.00 per exam; payable to SFSC on exam day.
Examinees must wait 3 months before retesting on the same subject examination.