- Policies & Procedures
- Block Schedule
- College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
- Distance Education
- Florida Basic Abilities Test (FBAT)
- General Educational Development (GED)
- Instructor Authorized Exams
- Nursing Entrance Exam
- Pearson Vue
- Postsecondary Education Readiness Test (PERT)
- Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE)
- Testing and Assessment Center Contacts
The Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS V) exam, by Assessment Technologies Institute (ATI), is the nursing entrance exam for these SFSC Nursing programs: Practical Nursing, Generic-RN Associate in Science (AS) Degree, and Transition LPN to RN AS Degree. The exams consist of four sections: Reading, Mathematics, Science, and English and Language Usage. The exam takes approximately 3 ½ hours to complete.
The application window each year opens the second week in January until the second Friday in April.
Before you may schedule to take the TEAS V exam at the Testing Center, you must meet with your advisor, and submit an online application to the specific program for which you are applying. Once this has been done, you will be emailed a Testing Referral form that you can present at any SFSC location to schedule your exam. You must schedule in advance and in-person. Please note, specific time slots are available on a first-come-first-serve basis. You must schedule your TEAS V testing appointment before the last day of the application deadline. The cost of the exam is $55, payable at the time you schedule your exam. At the time of scheduling, you will be provided with additional instructions and information regarding the process and the preparation for the TEAS V exam.
- On the day of your exam, bring in a valid form of photo identification. If you do not present a valid and acceptable photo ID on test day, you will be asked to reschedule your exam for a time when you can produce a valid and acceptable ID. Acceptable forms of ID are:
- SFSC ID
- Driver’s license
- State-issued photo ID
- Plan to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your appointment.
- Once checked in, you will be required to store all electronic devices and personal items in a secure locker prior to and during testing.
- Testing candidates are the only ones allowed in the Testing Center; this includes children and guests of the testing candidate. Children are not allowed to be unattended outside of the Testing Center or any other area of the college during testing.
Examinees must wait 3 months before retaking the TEAS V exam.