- Policies & Procedures
- Block Schedule
- College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
- Distance Education
- Florida Basic Abilities Test (FBAT)
- General Educational Development (GED)
- Instructor Authorized Exams
- Nursing Entrance Exam
- Pearson Vue
- Postsecondary Education Readiness Test (PERT)
- Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE)
- Testing and Assessment Center Contacts
The Postsecondary Education Readiness Test (PERT) is Florida’s
customized common placement test that is used to assess readiness for college-level coursework. The exam consists of three sections: Reading, Writing, and Mathematics. This is an adaptive test that consists of 30 questions per section. This test is untimed; however, you should set aside approximately 3 hours to complete all three sections in one sitting. PERT test scores are valid for 2 years.
All PERT exams are given by appointment only and requires at least 24 hours advanced notice. To take the PERT exam, you must meet with an advisor before you schedule an appointment. Once you have met with an advisor, please contact your desired SFSC testing location to determine their specific PERT testing times and to schedule your appointment.
- On the day of your exam, bring in a valid form of photo identification. If you do not present a valid and acceptable photo ID on test day, you will be asked to reschedule your exam for a time when you can produce a valid and acceptable ID. Acceptable forms of ID are:
- SFSC ID
- Driver’s license
- State-issued photo ID
- You must arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your scheduled test time.
- Once checked in, you will be required to store all electronic devices and personal items in a secure locker prior to and during testing.
- Testing candidates are the only ones allowed in the Testing Center; this includes children and guests of the testing candidate. Children are not allowed to be unattended outside of the Testing Center or any other area of the college during testing.
If there is a fee associated with the PERT exam, you will be required to pay it on exam day. The fee structure is as follows:
- Students = covered in the SFSC student application fee
- Student retake = $5.00
- Non-SFSC students = $25.00
If you need to retake the PERT, you must wait 30 days between administrations, participate in some form of remediation, and obtain a referral from Advising and Counseling.