The Highlands Career Institute at SFSC is a special place where high school students have the opportunity to earn high school credits and participate in college-level vocational courses on a college campus. This requires maturity and responsibility on the part of the student.
- Educational maturity and the ability to work in a college environment will be expected of all students.
- A typical high school environment will be maintained for half of the day while the student takes high school credits in Building L on the SFSC Highlands Campus.
- Students will work side by side with adult learners in vocational classes for half of the day. These courses will be rigorous.
- The student will enjoy greater freedom on campus, but with that comes greater responsibility. If appropriate behavior is not maintained, the student may be withdrawn from the program.
- The student must accept and adhere to the schedule and rules that apply at the Highlands Career Institute.