- Welcome to SFSC!
- Start Here
- Send Me Info
- Make Smart College Choices
- Degrees & Programs
- Returning Students
- Dual Enrollment
- Financial Aid & Scholarships
- Advising & Counseling Center
- Testing Center
- Student Housing
Information for Parents
We e-mail information to the students throughout the year. We want to tell you a few things just in case they don’t tell you.
- We are closed during various holidays and breaks:
- – Thanksgiving. Students must leave by noon, Wednesday, November 25. They can return after noon, on Sunday, November 29.
- – Winter Break. Students must leave within 24 hours after their last exam (for example, if last the exam is at 2 p.m. on Tuesday, they must be gone by 2 p.m. on Wednesday). The last day of class is December 17. Students with tests on December 17 must leave the facility by noon on Friday, December 18. Students can return after noon on Monday, January 4. Classes start January 6.
- – Spring Break. Students must leave the facility by noon, Saturday, March 27. Students can return after noon, Sunday, April 4. Exceptions may be made for baseball/softball players due to game schedules.
- Students participating in their own graduation must depart the facility by noon Thursday, May 7.
- Students who are not graduating/not participating in their own ceremony must depart within 24 hours of their last exam or by noon, Thursday, May 7, whichever is earlier.
- Students are responsible for the condition of their rooms and shared bathrooms. We conduct monthly health and safety checks. We announce when the rooms will be checked. If a student fails the room check, we will identify the shortcomings and give them 24 hours to make amends. If they fail the following check they will be fined $25. An invoice will be e-mailed to the student via Panther Den e-mail. Subsequent failures can result in stiffer fines, students not being allowed to return the next academic term, and eviction is possible for continued failures. We don’t expect spotless rooms, but we do expect general cleanliness: no open food containers, trash thrown away, floor generally clear of debris, and dishes/cooking utensils to be clean. We want to prevent pest problems!
- Room problems (ceiling light bulbs, water problems/leaks, heat/AC not working, etc) are reported to the Front Desk. Internet connectivity problems are reported to the Foundation Office. If we don’t know something is wrong, we can’t fix it!
- We expect the students to routinely check their mailboxes at the hotel front desk; that’s where they get their US mail. Please do not mail items to the Foundation for your student. Their mailing address is:
- Students failing to pay rent or fines on time will have holds put on their college accounts and may be locked out of their room. If we need to change the lock on their door, ample notice will be given in the form of an invoice e-mailed to them and a copy will be sent to you.
- We suggest you read the Student Handbook for more information.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call (863) 453-3133 or e-mail email@example.com.