The GED© program is available to residents of Florida 18 years of age or older who do not have a high school diploma. Those students ages 16 and 17 not regularly enrolled in high school may take the GED© Test with a waiver. To enter the program, students must earn scores of 9.0 or higher on the Tests of Adult Basic Education (TABE).
Course instruction covers reading comprehension, mathematics, writing, science, social studies and consumer education. You must take the TABE complete history battery in order to register for Adult Education courses. Once you complete the GED© program, you will earn a State of Florida High School Diploma.
- Earn scores of 11.0 or higher in the Reading, Math, and Language sections of the TABE complete battery.
- GED© ready scores of 150 or better in each section.
- Passing scores on the GED© exam * 16-year-old and 17-year-old students must complete the Waiver program before proceeding to the GED© exam
|Avon Park (Highlands)||Mon. – Fri. 7:30 a.m. – Noon 12:30 – 5:30 p.m.||Mon. – Thur. 5:30 – 9:30 p.m.|
|Bowling Green (Hardee)||Mon. – Fri. 8 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. 1 – 4 p.m.|
|Lake Placid||Mon. – Fri. 8 a.m. – Noon 12:30 – 3 p.m.|
|Sebring (Teacherage)||Mon. – Fri. 7:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Noon – 3 p.m.|
Enroll in Select Occupational Programs While You Study to Pass Your GED©
Get started on a career path today by co-enrolling in select occupational programs while you take GED© preparatory classes.
Spend half a day in GED© prep classes and half a day in college-level technical classes.
Maximum fee per term is $28.50.
Approved programs include:
- Auto Collision Repair and Refinishing
- Computer Electrical Systems
- Air Conditioning
- Medical Administrative Specialist
- And more! Call SFSC’s Adult Education program to find out what is available for you.
GED© prep classes are offered during the day and evenings at the Highlands Campus (Avon Park), the Teacherage (Sebring), the Lake Placid Center, and the Hardee Campus (Bowling Green).
As you study to take the GED©, you’ll be able to explore careers and you’ll learn skills employers want in their employees.