- Adult Literacy
- Corporate Education
- English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)
- General Educational Development Program (GED)
- Leadership Highlands
- Summer Bridge Program
- College Reach Out Program (CROP)
- Farmworker Career Development Program
- Panther Youth Partners
- SFSC University Center Partnership Programs
The GED program is available to residents of Florida 18 years of age or older who do not have a high school diploma. Those students ages 16 and 17 not regularly enrolled in high school may take the GED Test with a waiver. Contact Adult Education at 863-784-7441 for details. To enter the program, students must have Tests of Adult Basic Education (TABE) scores of 9.0 or higher.
Course instruction covers reading comprehension, mathematics, writing, science, social studies and consumer education. You must take the Tests of Adult Basic Education (TABE) complete history battery in order to register for any Adult Education course. Once you complete the GED program, you will earn a State of Florida High School Diploma.
- Earn scores of 11.0 or higher in the Reading, Math, and Language sections of the TABE complete battery.
- GED ready scores of 150 or better in each section.
- Passing scores on the GED exam * 16-year-old and 17-year-old students must complete the Waiver program before proceeding to the GED exam
|Avon Park (Highlands)||Mon. – Fri. 7:30 a.m. – Noon 12:30 – 5:30 p.m.||Mon. – Thur. 5:30 – 9:30 p.m.|
|Bowling Green (Hardee)||Mon. – Fri. 8 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. 1 – 4 p.m.|
|Lake Placid||Mon. – Fri. 8 a.m. – Noon 12:30 – 3 p.m.|
|Sebring (Teacherage)||Mon. – Fri. 7:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Noon – 3 p.m.|