- DeSoto County Resources
- Hardee County Resources
- Highlands County Resources
- BayCare Behavioral Health
- Career Development Center
- Disabilities Services
- Farmworker Career Development Program
- Panther Youth Partners
- Tutoring and Learning Center
- Fitness Center
Tutor.com is currently available year-round in the fall, spring, and summer and provides tutoring on a variety of subjects. Tutor.com offers two hours of free tutoring per term; if you have questions about Tutor.com or to request additional free hours, contact Brightspace Support at 863-784-7017 or BrightspaceSupport@southflorida.edu.
Schedule SFSC Tutoring—also known as the Math, Science, and Writing Labs—appointments by accessing the link shown above. SFSC Tutoring is available to all SFSC students, there is no limit to the number of tutoring requests, and tutors’ schedules are usually available two or more weeks in advance.
SFSC Math, Science, and Writing tutoring are available in the fall and spring. In addition, math and science tutoring are available all summer, and writing tutoring is available during the Summer Flex A term.
The Math Lab is located in Y-103 on the first floor of Building Y (the Library) and offers appointments via Zoom and in-lab. Phone: 863-784-7369
The Writing Lab is located in Y-105 on the first floor of Building Y and offers appointments via Zoom, email, and in-lab. Phone: 863-784-7423
The Science Lab is located in HSEC-212 and offers appointments via Zoom and in-lab. Phone: 863-784-5624
Additional Writing Resources
MLA and APA Resources
- SFSC Library Guides and Handouts
- Purdue University Online Writing Lab (OWL) – 8th Edition APA and MLA formatting and style guide
- YouTube: APA Citation Style and Format – video from the Florida Hospital College of Health Sciences
- YouTube: APA Format Setup in Word 2010 – video from Daytona State College on how to set up your paper