- Health Services
- Medical Administrative Specialist – CC
- Phlebotomy – CC
- Radiography – AS
- Surgical Services
- Conference on Caring
- Fingerprinting Background Check
- Advanced Patient Care Tech Apprenticeship
The Career Certificate (CC) in Medical Administrative Specialist prepares you for employment in a medical office, hospital, clinic, or other community health agency.
- Students prepare for employment as administrative medical office assistants or receptionists
- Guest speakers visit class from local home health agencies and CareerSource Heartland
- Students will complete an externship at the end of the program in a physician’s office, clinic, urgent care center, or other instructor-designated medical office
Course Examples (for a larger list, visit the College Catalog):
- Medical Terminology
- Medical Billing and Insurance
- Customer Relations
- Word Processing
Length: 1,050 contact hours (approximately one year)/35 credits
The schedule in the College Catalog is for a part-time student, however a student may attend full-time.
Class times are Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–3 p.m. with lunch from 11 a.m.–noon each day.
Cost: Approximately $3,400 for Florida residents
Chair, Business and Computer Technologies
Professor, Medical Secretarial
Highlands Campus, Building I